Weybridge/Walton on Thames
£60,000 to £65,000
35 hours a week 9am to 5.00pm Mon to Fri
About the company:
Based in Weybridge/Walton on Thames. Our client has been established since 1921 and have an extensive network of offices providing legal services to South West London, Surrey and Middlesex.
Skills: Ideally seeking high calibre Senior Residential Conveyancing Solicitor with a minimum of 10+ year’s PQE. The ideal candidate will be confident managing a complex caseload and have excellent client care and communication skills across all levels. The role requires sound technical expertise across all aspects of Conveyancing and the undertaking of fee earning work across predominantly residential (both freehold and leasehold) matters, with some limited exposure to commercial property work. A firm but fair approach to advising clients is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and as a member of the office team.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- Providing cost estimates to new clients
- Opening files and progressing matters in line with the firm and SRA’s procedures
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, e-mail or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Undertaking any additional relevant tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries etc.
- Managing post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- Contributing to business development activity and networking events on behalf of the firm
- Providing support to colleagues in the Property department, as required
As a Senior Residential Conveyancing Solicitor it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software programmes
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of Proclaim
- 10+ years’ experience as a Conveyancer
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to take on existing client base as well as bringing clients on board
In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
If you are interested in learning more: Please get in touch on 020 7378 5458 or on firstname.lastname@example.org