£19.23 per hour
Monday to Friday
35 hours a week
About the company
We are presently recruiting for a Systems Librarian for our Research Charity client in London. This is a 3-month Fixed Term Contract to cover a secondment within the team. The main objective is to support the organisations Library systems, maintain the extensive collection and support the technology that the visitors interact with.
What you’ll be doing
• To function as 2nd/3rd line support for technology issues within the Library and Collection, supporting 1st line colleagues in managing incidents and requests to agreed service levels
• To provide project support for upgrades and maintenance of Library systems
• To provide systems administration for designated applications.
• To enable all staff to make full use of the organisations IT facilities, applications and business systems by ensuring a minimum IT competency, through the provision of technical support, software guidelines and other training materials as appropriate.
• 2nd/3rd Line Support for Library Systems, primarily Sierra, Encore, Pharos, and CALM
• Performing routine maintenance on Library Systems
• Management of 3rd party support providers for Library Systems
• Managing incidents, requests, changes and problems via agreed processes using ServiceNow, applying appropriate prioritization
• Providing advice and guidance on best use of technology to all staff
• Ensuring documentation and standards are maintained and works across the team to share knowledge and best practice
• To undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time, including out of hours working.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Experience of supporting Library Systems
- Experience of providing technical support (ideally to ITIL standards)
- Experience supporting Windows Server/Desktop environments
- Experience of supporting some or all of the following – Sierra, CALM, Encore, Pharos, IDWorks and Sentry
- Awareness of standards such as RDA, MARC21, ISAD(G), XML, Z39.50, OAI
- Managing support tickets through Service Now
- Experience supporting Apple desktop environments
- Awareness of ITIL good practice
- Customer Service Techniques
- Time Management Techniques
- Ability to produce and maintain procedures
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- ITIL ® Foundation in IT Service Management or equivalent experience
- Degree or Professional qualification in Librarianship, Computing or Information Science.
- Analytical Thinker
- Customer Focus
- Strong Verbal and Non-Verbal communication skills and ability to relate to users and explain technical problems to a non-technical audience
- Attention to Detail
- Team orientated
- Positive, energetic and engaging.
- Pragmatic and capable of taking initiative and making decisions within the sphere of responsibilities
- Hands-on and versatile approach to service delivery disciplines
- Accountable and self-motivated to drive issue resolution through influencing others.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Can do attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy and varied environment.
- Highly motivated and motivating, able to sustain interest and influence others
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an established team that provide extensive assistance within the organisation