Dependent on experience
over 1 year ago
A respected firm has a temporary job opportunity for a qualified Part-Time Assistant Librarian based in the South London area, to work two days per week.
The Temporary Part-Time Assistant Librarian is responsible for enquiries, assisting staff find information and having knowledge of library management systems.
This is a great opportunity for an organised and pro-active candidate who will take pride in providing a great service to the firm.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication sklls, must hold a degree in Library/Information Services and possess library and information experience.
As Part-Time Assistant Librarian your job role will include:
- Enquiry work and dealing with information requests across the organisation
- Being a team player and a confident communicator to liaise at all levels
- Having a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Being confident to work alone
- Maintaining the library intranet site
- Having cataloguing and indexing skills
- Promoting library services firm-wide
- Assisting with shelving and inter-library loans
- Being enthusiastic with a keen interest in information technology
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills
- Being an excellent team player and able to work well under pressure
- Having a pro-active, professional and “can-do” attitude
- Being skilled in internet and database searching
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the firms Information Services team and to appreciate clients' needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has library experience and is looking for a part-time role. The successful candidate will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career and this is a temporary 6 months role, with the potential for a longer-term period. If you would like to find out more about this or other job vacancies, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org