Title: Transport Coordinator
Reportable to: Transport Manager
Line Management Responsibilities: Transport Clerks, Drivers
Salary £25,000 Main Purpose:
To process and control the domestic UK collections and deliveries through effective use of the company drivers and subcontractors. Ensure all shipments are recovered and delivered in good time to meet the expected schedules. By controlling all the domestic movements within the UK aim to improve the external working relationship with subcontractors and handling facilities and a clear communication line with other departments within the London branch. Ensure the correct job process flow is maintained and customs entries are filed accordingly for record purposes. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Transport Manager and Transport Supervisor, this person will be responsible for successfully supporting the transport function.
- This will include the daily co-ordination and monitoring of company drivers and Sub Contractors. Develop excellent working relationships with internal departments – Operations, Customer Relationship Managers and the Customer Services Team and Overseas offices/agents.
- Develop excellent working relationship with external suppliers – Airlines/Customs/Aviation authorities and suppliers.
- Provide support and assistance when dealing with special requirements and inform the Customer Services Group accordingly.
- Produce daily reports, which detail any Transport issues within the company network as instructed by the Transport Manager.
- Arranging receipt and inward processing off all shipments. Completion of shipment release paperwork.
- To advise CSG and Company Offices/Agents on the most effective and efficient logistic/distribution solution, whilst focusing on maximising company profit.
- To minimise the use of Sub-contractors with focus being on f maximising company profit.
- Ensure All POD’s are recorded within the in-house Maestro system within the correct agreed time-frames.
- Flexibility in working hours. Become an additional driver when required.
- Telephone communication
- Email communication
- Fax communication
- Customer Services
- Import Operations
- Export Operations
- Company Offices and Overseas Agents
- To adhere to all company Policies always.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of the Line Manager or Branch Manager.
Skills and Abilities
- PC/System literate Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability, through knowledge, to adapt and deal with enquiries & day to day issues
- Good knowledge of UK geographically
- Must be CRB checked (5-year check-able history)
- Desirable Criteria
- Experience in Cool-chain distribution
- Strong professional telephone manner
- Eye for detail
- Able to think on their feet
- Excellent communication skills Ability to liaise with other dept, demonstrating good communication skill
- Proven track record for Managing people
- Polite, friendly manner
- Energetic and proactive
- Team player
- Experience in dealing with people and speaking to clients
- Experience in the courier or freight industry
- Previous experience in Transport Department within an office environment
- Pharma/temp controlled experience is preferred but not essential
- No Essential Qualifications
- Security Level D Preferred to be at least level D – CO security trained
- Driving License
- Industry related Diploma