We have a Christmas Quiz Winner!
Happy New Year to you all.
We are delighted to announce the lucky winner of our Christmas Quiz.
Alexandra Milne at the Wellcome Trust answered all the questions correctly and was the first name pulled out of the hat. So many congratulations to Alexandra – we’ll be sending her the bottle of bubbly very shortly!
And thank you to everyone who took part – we had fun going through your answers. But I’m afraid quite a few of you were stumped with Question 18!
Here are the answers:
1. Balsam, Douglas, Fraser and Noble are all types of what?
Fir or Christmas Tree
2. Which song repeats the catchy lyrics, ‘pa rum pum pum’?
Little Drummer Boy
3. Who is the patron saint remembered on the 26th of December?
4. What is myrrh?
Gum or resin from a tree
5. Which pantomime does Widow Twankey appear in?
6. How many doors of an advent calendar would you open before Christmas Day arrives?
7. If you were born on Christmas day, which star sign would you belong to?
8. What was the name of the song that topped the Christmas charts as part of Live Aid?
Do they know it’s Christmas?
9. Who wrote that song?
Midge Ure and Bob Geldof
10. What statue did France give to the USA in 1886 as a Christmas gift?
Statue of Liberty
11. What colour are mistletoe berries?
12. Which company used to have adverts featuring a happy, smiling Santa Claus?
13. What do the French call Father Christmas?
14. Who are the two reindeer named after weather phenomena?
Donner and Blitzen (thunder and lightning)
15. What is the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s business partner?
16. When does the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas?
17. Which country donates the Christmas tree placed in Trafalgar Square every year?
18. How many ghosts are there in A Christmas Carol?
4 – The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future and Jacob Marley!
19. What was the name of the animated Christmas movie featuring Tom Hanks?
The Polar Express
20. What is a female turkey called?
Thank you again to everyone who entered – we hope you had as much fun completing it as we did putting it together!