over 1 year ago
A global law firm has a new permanent job opportunity for a Business Intelligence Advisor.
This position is based in Glasgow, with hybrid working.
As part of the global Research & Business Intelligence team, you are part of the business intelligence service which provides insightful and actionable intelligence to aid strategic decision making to drive business development, profitability, growth, client retention and other business opportunities in all offices.
As a researcher you will conduct in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors using a comprehensive variety of resources.
Key job responsibilities:
Acquire and maintain knowledge of a range of proprietary business research databases
Use a variety of business information resources to research, compile and deliver client, company and industry research, including identifying trends and opportunities across various client and industry segments
Deliver research reports using branded information product templates
Create and develop current awareness products using a content aggregation database
Develop self-help and training resources to support legal and business services staff to conduct their own business research
Maintain knowledge of current and emerging search techniques and technologies and implications on business databases and current awareness aggregation platforms
Build relationships with legal and business development teams, understanding client and industry research needs to support staff to understand their clients and win work
Key Job requirements and person specification:
- Experience in using business and corporate databases such as S&P Capital IQ/ Capital IQ Pro, Acuris, LexisNexis and Thomson Reuters platforms.
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed global team
- Commercial and business acumen
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Solution-focused approached to problem solving with critical, reflective and creative thinking
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships to market and improve services
- Experience in a law firm or other professional services environment
Desirable job requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical programmes and techniques such as Tableau, Power BI, Open Refine or Python programming language
- Experience in communicating data concepts using data visualization
- Experience in using current awareness content aggregation platforms such as Manzama, Vable or InfoNgen to develop current awareness materials
To be considered for this and other Business Intelligence and Research job vacancies, please apply with your CV to email@example.com