Banner Default Image

Temp Hub

Complete Timesheet

To download our printable timesheet click the button below. Please ensure that completed timesheets are signed by your supervisor at your place of work and sent to TFPL by fax (020 7378 6838) or scanned and emailed to If you are requesting leave, please state clearly whether you want paid or unpaid leave.

TFPL - Timesheet.pdf 


To register as a temp or contract worker with us, please click here.

Instructions for completing timesheets

To give us time to process your payment we ask that all timesheets are completed, approved and sent to us by 12 noon on Tuesday for payment to reach your bank account on Friday.

Questions and problems

If you have any questions about completing your timesheet  please give our payroll team a call on 020 7378 7068 or email


Start of contract

What will I receive from TFPL prior to the commencement of my assignment?

  • Your assignment details form, giving information about the client, start date, location, hours of work and pay rates
  • Our Terms of Engagement
  • Request for information including your bank details and P45
  • Blank timesheet

Pay and tax

I have not received a P45 from my previous employer. What shall I do?

We will have sent you a Starter’s Checklist (previously known as a P46) with your contract. Fill it in, send it back to us and we can use it until your P45 arrives. Failure to do this means you might pay too much tax.

I have not worked in the UK before. What shall I do about tax?

You must complete a Starter’s Checklist (previously known as a P46), which we provide with your contract. You will need a National Insurance number.

I don’t have a National Insurance (NI) Number. How do I get one?

You can only apply for a National Insurance number once you have arrived in the UK, and if you have the right to work in the UK. You will need to call Jobcentre Plus on 0845 600 0643 to arrange to get an NI number.

If necessary, we can supply a letter addressed to them confirming that you have found work or confirming that you are registered with us to find temporary work.

I don’t have a bank account. What can I do?

Call us and we can provide you with a letter addressed to one of the leading retail banks stating that you have employment. This should help you to open an account.

Pay frequency

How often do I get paid?

Weekly, provided that your timesheet is received by 12 Noon on Tuesday of the week following the week you worked.  Pay will be transferred into your account by BACS payment each Friday.

Timesheet completion

How do I complete my timesheet?

Please print off the timesheet and complete the hours/days you have worked each week.

Please ensure that the completed timesheets are signed by your supervisor at the client organisation and sent to us by scanning and emailed to

Payment will only be made against properly completed, signed and submitted timesheets:

Use hours and minutes when completing the timesheet, i.e. 7 hours, 30 mins

Round the total for the week up or down to the nearest 15 minutes

Change hours to days if you are on a daily rate

Please state clearly when requesting leave whether you want paid or unpaid leave

When do I need to complete my timesheet?

Timesheets must be completed each week, authorised and sent to TFPL by 12 noon on Tuesday. If you do not submit timesheets weekly, you risk missing the payroll deadline and might not be paid until the following week.

What if my manager is away and I need my timesheet authorised?

We can only accept timesheets that are authorised by an approved person. If your main authoriser is going to be away, please ask them before they go who should authorise your timesheet in their absence.

I didn’t submit my timesheet on time and I haven’t been paid. What can I do?

If we didn’t receive your approved timesheet(s), you won’t get paid. In exceptional circumstances if you send us the late timesheet, we may advance you a percentage of your pay. It will be in your bank account in three working days.

Agency Workers Regulations (AWR)

For further guidance on the AWR please contact us at

How do the Agency Workers Regulations affect me?

The Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (AWR) give agency workers the same right to equal treatment as permanent staff. This means that when you are taken on by TFPL and supplied to work for one of our clients (“the hirer”) as a temporary worker on a contract for services, you will be entitled to equal treatment in respect of basic working and employment conditions relating to pay, working hours and annual leave, once you have completed a 12-week qualifying period. From the first day of your assignment, you will be entitled to access collective facilities provided by the hirer to its own workers and to be advised by the hirer of relevant vacancies which arise within the business.

Although you need to work for the same hirer for 12 weeks before you have the right to equal treatment, the qualifying period does not necessarily have to be 12 consecutive calendar weeks. Various breaks are allowed in the qualifying time that either pause or stop the qualifying clock, and it does not matter if you have been supplied to the same hirer by more than one agency within certain time limits. Therefore, when you are offered an assignment, we will check with both you and the hirer whether you have worked for them or any other hirer in their group before, so that we can accurately calculate your qualifying period.

We use specialist software to monitor the weeks you’ve worked towards the qualifying period. When it is reached, we will notify you with a clear explanation of any changes to pay or conditions.

Holidays and holiday pay

What is my paid holiday entitlement?

You are entitled to 28 days’ paid holiday pro-rata each year (including 8 days for the bank holidays). You accrue this holiday as you work and it will be paid to you on request when you take time off from work. It must be taken within the holiday year. On completion of a 12-week qualifying period (see Agency Workers Regulations) you will also receive any additional holiday entitlement that the hirer provides to direct recruits.

I want to book time off for holiday, who do I ask?

You need to make the request to your line manager. We suggest that you give notice that is twice as long as your holiday period (e.g. if you want 5 days off you need to give 10 days’ notice). Please then notify TFPL that you would like to take either paid or unpaid annual leave and the date(s) by email to Once this has been approved, please leave the day(s) blank on your timesheet.

How do I get paid for my paid holiday entitlement?

Please email to let them know you would like to take paid holiday – include the dates and hours for which you would like to be paid. You also need to request paid holiday for bank holidays. Please leave the day(s) blank on your timesheet.

How do I know how much holiday I have accrued?

Our finance team will be able to confirm how much holiday you have accrued as of the previous payroll. For this information, please call our payroll team on 020 7378 7068 or email

If I have not accrued enough holiday for the leave I’d like to take, can I take unpaid holiday?

Yes, if this is agreed in advance with your line manager. Please email to let them know and leave the day(s) blank on your timesheet.

What about bank holidays?

Your annual holiday entitlement includes 8 days for the bank holidays. Bank holidays are accrued in the same way as other holiday. You will not be paid automatically for bank holidays, therefore you need to request “paid holiday” by emailing to let them know, providing you have accrued enough annual leave. Please leave the day blank on your timesheet.

What happens if I have holiday left over when I finish an assignment?

Outstanding holiday will be paid in lieu when you finish your assignment.

Sickness and sick pay

If I am ill and unable to come into work, what shall I do?

You need to call both your line manager and TFPL. Our office is staffed from 8.30am or you can leave a message on our voicemail.

What is my sick pay entitlement?

If you are ill for 4 or more consecutive days, you will be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). This is paid to employees who are unable to work because of illness. SSP is paid for up to a maximum of 28 weeks. It is payable to all employees and agency workers (who are paid PAYE) even though you are engaged on a contract for services.

To qualify for SSP, you need to have been off work sick for 4 or more days in a row (including non-working days e.g. weekends and bank holidays) and earn, before tax and National Insurance, at least an average of £118 a week for 6 April 2019 – 5 April 2020. Your earnings are averaged over an 8 week period before your sickness began.

SSP is a daily payment and is usually paid for the days you would normally work. These days are known as Qualifying Days (QDs). SSP is not paid for the first three QDs. The standard rate of SSP is £94.25 per week from 6 April 2019 to 5 April 2020.

To get SSP, you should notify TFPL that you are sick as soon as possible. SSP will be paid to you in the same way and at the same time as your normal wages. Tax and NI are deducted from SSP.

More details can be found here.

Do I need to provide a doctor’s note for each period of sickness?

For 4-7 days of sickness you can self-certify but for more than 7 days illness we will need to see a ‘fit note’ from your doctor stating that you are not fit to work. The Government’s guidance on sick leave and SSP can be found here.


How will the workplace pensions reforms affect me?  

Workplace pensions law has changed. Every employer in the UK is now required to help more of their workers save for retirement. This includes those who work through recruitment agencies. When you begin work with us you will be automatically enrolled into our pension scheme, if eligible. Further information will be provided when you begin your assignment.

Health and safety

What steps does TFPL take to ensure safety of its temporary workers in the workplace?

We ask each of our clients to confirm they have carried out an assessment of workplace risks and have done all that is reasonable to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all workers – including agency staff. You are obliged to comply with the client’s health and safety policy at all times during your assignment.

My line manager is asking me to do work I think is unsafe. What should I do?

You should raise your concerns with your line manager or appropriate safety representative at your place of work. If your worries are not resolved, please notify us and we will speak to the client on your behalf and conduct a site visit to assess the situation if necessary.

I am a new or expectant mother. What actions must employers take to protect my health?

Employers should take action to ensure that their workers, who are or in the future could be new or expectant mothers, are not exposed to any significant risk. Additionally, employers should conduct a specific risk assessment on receipt of written notification from an employee that she is pregnant, has given birth in the last six months or is breastfeeding. This must take into account any advice provided by the woman’s health professional. If any risks are identified then employers must take action to remove, reduce or control the risk.


I’ve been told that I can claim expenses. How do I do this?

Contact the payroll team to request an expense claim form, complete it, and have it approved by your line manager. This should be sent to along with all receipts. This will be reimbursed to your bank account in your weekly pay.

End of assignment

What happens when my assignment is due to end?

Please let your consultant know that your contract is ending by calling us on 020 7378 7068. You will automatically be paid any outstanding holiday that you have accrued and not taken in your final pay. We will update your details on our system. If you would like another assignment, update your CV to show your most recent contract and email it to We will be in touch when relevant assignments come up.

When I finish my assignment how long will it be before I receive my P45?

Your P45 will be emailed to you following your last payslip; this will typically be within a week.