about 1 month ago
Information and Research Assistant – London – Hybrid
A prominent global law firm has a new, entry level opportunity for an Information and Research Assistant to join their Library & Research Centre based in London (a hybrid working model in place)
The role will suit a recent Library and Information Studies graduate with a proactive approach looking to gain practical legal library experience, who is genuinely interested in library/information services.
You will be supporting the Information & Research Manager and the wider Knowledge Management team in the delivery of information services for all internal stakeholders and external clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a busy and fast paced law firm. As Information and Research Assistant your job role will include:
- Being involved in physical book moving
- Reviewing the library collections
- Document management
- Enquiries and Research - having strong online search and retrieval skills.
- Working to tight deadlines and having good attention to detail
- Having excellent IT skills and a proficient level of numeracy for working on intranets and Knowledge Systems
- Being experienced with company and business research sources is desirable
- Building effective professional relationships internally and externally.
- Having strong communication and listening skills with the ability to articulate opinions clearly, effectively (verbally and in writing).
- Being organised and methodical.
- Having the ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and new situations.
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Library & Research Centre team and to appreciate clients' research needs.
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Library and Information Studies graduate or for a candidate who has a genuine interest in library/information services.
You must be keen to work in a professional and corporate law firm, with the confidence to deal directly with users and have strong communication skills.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org