3 months ago
An Information Officer job opportunity is currently available for a leading international law firm, based in London. The post will be based within the Knowledge & Information Services team.
This job vacancy is to assist the Head of Knowledge & Information Services to provide a full information service to the teams of partners and staff.
Key job responsibilities will include:
• Providing current awareness alerts
• Providing knowledge management to the firm working with PSL’s and others to manage knowhow
• Being responsible for carrying out legal and business research
• Training in legal research to fee earners and organising inductions
• Administrative support including circulations and cataloguing
• Communicating with stakeholders via email and in person
• Having a forward thinking and confident approach.
Ideally you will have experience of managing current awareness services, using relevant news alerting software. A Library & Information Management qualification is desirable.
You must possess:
- excellent knowledge of search construction
- an understanding of the role of Knowledge and Information Management in a Corporate Environment, so it is likely that you will have worked in a professional services environment
- an eye for detail, with the ability to gather and analyse information and to work in a fast paced environment
- excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility with people at all levels
- the ability to demonstrate proactive thinking and a positive attitude
This is a great chance to become part of a Knowledge & Information team in a leading international law firm.
To be considered for this and other Information management job vacancies please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org