highly competitive salary
5 months ago
Information Officer – London – hybrid working arrangement
We have a great new permanent role for an Information Officer for a prominent global law firm based in the London office. The Information Officer will help in providing hard copy and online resources to the firm with a range of functions from cataloguing and other library duties to legal and business research.
As Information Officer your job role will include:
- Providing current awareness searches and producing bulletins
- Serials management of the legal collection
- Acquisitions and cataloguing of materials onto the LMS
- Sourcing of external book and document requests
- Legal and business research
- Being experienced in using Library Management Systems ideally Knowall
- Having professional and commercial awareness
- Working to tight deadlines
- Being educated to degree level or equivalent
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Having excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Being a team player and having a superb customer service ethos
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Having a proactive and confident approach
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Information Centre team and to appreciate clients' research needs.
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for a library and research professional, educated to degree level, who is experienced in working in a legal or professional services environment. You must be keen to work in a professional and corporate law firm, with the confidence to deal directly with users and have strong communication skills.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org