Newcastle upon Tyne
5 months ago
Knowledge Assistant - Newcastle upon Tyne
This is a wonderful job and career opportunity for a Knowledge Assistant to join the Knowledge Services team of a leading law firm, with a mix of working within their Newcastle offices and at home.
This is a varied and challenging job for a candidate with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to throw themselves into.
In return the job responsibilities will give you invaluable experience to help you develop your career in Knowledge and Information management.
You will be part of a small team and will have the ability to work independently as required and will help to provide a range of services such as:
- Adding to the current awareness database and assisting with the distribution of information to fee-earners and clients
- Assisting library users with enquiries and providing copies of information as requested
- Assisting with the delivery of a Knowledge Services Training Programme for Trainees and Fee Earners
- Legal research using numerous online services, including the key legal databases Westlaw, Practical Law, Lawtel and Lexis Library
- Using online business information services for company research, providing documents and reports using Companies House, D&B Onboard and RSM Tracker
- Update loose-leaf publications
- Shelving and tidying library stock
Job applications are welcomed from candidates who have a Library and Information Studies degree qualification and/or relevant experience as a Knowledge or Information Assistant, who are keen to build a career in the legal information industry.
In addition you should be:
Enthusiastic with a customer focus
A team player
Confident and resilient and able to work in a highly professional corporate environment
Open to new ideas and keen to learn
A strong communicator – both written and verbal - who can deal with staff at all levels with diplomacy
To be considered for this or similar job opportunities please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org