Dependent on experience
over 1 year ago
A leading law firm are looking for a Knowledge Analyst to be based in their Central London office. The role is largely focused on library/information management, working closely with the Knowledge Assistant and will include projects involving legal knowhow and the firms’ intranet.
This is a stimulating and wide-ranging job for a candidate with superb communication skills and a confident attitude. In return the job responsibilities will give you instrumental experience to help develop your career in Knowledge and Information Management.
This job role will involve working with a Knowledge and Information Assistant as well as the wider team to help to provide a range of services such as:
- Pro-actively taking part in external knowledge and information networking events/groups to stay up to date in Knowledge developments.
- Developing firm wide contacts to support their current awareness and general information/knowledge requirements.
- Carrying out enquiry/legal research work using a variety of online and hard copy resources.
- Building relationships through informal coaching on information resources
- Helping with adding and maintaining the content of the firm’s intranet, e.g. internal knowhow and external precedents.
- Liaising with internal and external trainers regarding training fee earners on information and knowledge systems. Organising formal and informal training/induction sessions as required.
- Managing the procurement of new materials, including assisting the Head of Department with monitoring budgets and renewals.
- Interacting with Professional Support Lawyers concerning knowhow collections
- Supervising the Knowledge Assistant’s tasks on an informal day to day basis.
- Promoting the Knowledge Services and initiatives in line with business strategy.
- Ideally having recent and relevant experience working in an information/knowledge setting.
In addition you should be:
Positive with a client focus
Confident and resilient and able to work in an extremely professional corporate environment
An effective communicator – both written and verbal and keen to liaise with staff at all levels with diplomacy
To be considered for this or similar job opportunities please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org