Library and Information Manager
about 1 year ago
A leading top 100 UK law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Library and Information Manager to join a central law library within its Cardiff offices with a hybrid working arrangement.. This is a fantastic standalone role providing the opportunity to manage and make improvements to this vital support function and to contribute to clients’ success and development.
What you’ll be doing
The Law Library supports the UK based lawyers with research, training, and access to books, journals and online resources.
The team are looking for an information professional with strong research skills to provide legal and business research to the firm. This role would suit a candidate, ideally with a legal background, passionate about research, training and budget management. You will also assist with the creation of current awareness monitors and work proactively across the business to help promote library and information services.
Who you are
Applications for this job are welcomed from candidates who possess:
- A library/information management/studies qualification
- Having experience of legal information and enquiry work
- Contributing to client-facing bulletins
- Providing updates to lawyers on products and services provided
- Possessing skills in Library Management systems e.g. Matrix
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to manage customer expectations
- Knowledge of legal information databases such as Lexis and Westlaw
- The willingness to develop research skills in new areas both legal and business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong customer focus
- Solid IT skills including Excel
- Act as copyright officer, organising copyright licences and liaising with other departments on copyright matters
- Manage the library budget. Negotiating with suppliers and checking terms and conditions.
- The ability to work under their own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Having specialist knowledge of library resources, including keeping up to date on new features and developments and proactively highlighting these to fee-earning groups and colleagues.
- Providing current awareness and advising users on how to set up their own searches based on thorough understanding of various news sources.
To be considered for this or similar library and information management job opportunities please apply with your CV in the first instance to email@example.com