over 1 year ago
Part Time (2½ - 3 days per week) Information Assistant – Law firm – London
About the company
A prominent law firm is currently offering a permanent part time Information Assistant job opportunity for somebody to be based in their central London offices. You will join a well-respected existing team who ensure their services to support their client work.
What you’ll be doing
This Part Time Information Assistant job is responsible for providing support and assistance to the firm’s senior information manager in the maintenance and development of the firm’s hardcopy collection.
Duties will include:
· maintaining a tidy and professional appearance of the departmental libraries and the archive
· shelving books and journals and shelf-tidying; · managing the circulation of library books and sending out overdue notices to borrowers
· carrying out periodic floor walks to check offices for missing books and journals and maintaining a list of missing items
· filing loose-leaf updates
· assisting in maintaining the online library management system and keeping accurate records of serials holdings
· managing the check in and circulation of periodicals including receiving and claiming for print journals; · maintaining up-to-date circulation lists for both hardcopy and online journals
· assisting users with requests for journal articles
· assisting the senior information manager in carrying out of periodic stock checks and withdrawal of out-of-date stock
· assisting the senior information officer with the distribution of permanent loan copies to fee earners
Who you are
The successful candidate will ideally have a library and information qualification and have one year’s experience within a professional services environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills in addition to a confident and keen attitude with the enthusiasm and application to benefit from this opportunity. You should be IT literate and able to work in a very professional, corporate environment. You should possess a genuine interest in knowledge and information work.
What’s in it for me
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone to help support the Knowledge & Information services can support a commercial law firm.
For this and other Knowledge and Information roles, please email y