18 days ago
A company in the media sector currently has a great job opportunity for an Archivist. The position is offered on either a permanent or 2 year Fixed Term contract basis and will be based in their Belfast office.
The Archivist will manage the collection, ensure the ability to respond efficiently and effectively to internal requests about the archive; and take responsibility for the future development of the archive. You will catalogue new entries to the collection, and work to enhance existing metadata. You will advise on digital preservation considerations and collection management procedures.
The successful candidate will possess a post-graduate qualification in Archives Administration/Archives and Records Management and relevant experience including:
- experience in preservation and an understanding of digital preservation and digitisation
- experience of digital collection management and collection development
- an understanding of copyright and intellectual property rights
- competence in archive cataloguing
This job would suit someone who:
- has strong communication skills-
- possesses project management skills,
- is IT literate
- is a good team player, who is flexible and has strong interpersonal skills
- is methodical and organised
It is essential that you like to work in a business facing and pro-active way to ensure the archive is developed effectively and to be able to drive new initiatives, when required.
What’s in it for me
This is a great job opportunity to take responsibility for the Archives function, to work in a unique environment which offers a varied and interesting collection to work with. You will work in a small team and in tandem with a colleague who has a good understanding of the archive. There is the opportunity to develop this role further.
This position is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and is available on either a permanent or 2 year Fixed Term contract basis. You must possess the right to work in Belfast.
To apply for this and other Archives job vacancies please apply with your CV to email@example.com