£30k per year
2 months ago
A company in the media sector currently has a great job opportunity for an Archivist. The position is offered on a 2 year Fixed Term contract basis and will be based in their Belfast office.
What you’ll be doing
The Archivist will manage the collection, ensure the ability to respond efficiently and effectively to internal requests about the archive; catalogue new entries to the collection, and work to enhance existing metadata. You will advise on digital preservation considerations and collection management procedures.
Who you are
The successful candidate will possess a post-graduate qualification in Archives Management and relevant experience including:
- experience in preservation and an understanding of digital preservation and digitisation
- experience of digital collection management and collection development
- an understanding of copyright and intellectual property rights
- competence in archive cataloguing
This job would suit someone who:
- is methodical and organised,
- possesses strong project management skills,
- is IT literate
- is a good team player, who is flexible and has strong interpersonal skills
- has strong communication skills
What’s in it for me
This is a great job opportunity to work in a unique environment which offers a varied and interesting collection to work with. You will work in tandem with a colleague who has a good understanding of the archive.
This position is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and is available on a 2 year Fixed Term contract basis.
To be considered for this and similar Archives job vacancies please apply with your CV and brief supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org