highly competitive salary
5 months ago
A respected global law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Research Librarian. You will be working as part of the Knowledge and Research team and will be contributing to the successful and proficient delivery of Information services to lawyers firm wide.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised and pro-active candidate who will take pride in providing a superb service to the firm.
The ideal candidate will be articulate and will have proven experience of research work in a legal or business information environment with a postgraduate qualification in Library/Information Management (or equivalent).
As Research Librarian your job role will include:
- Having an excellent working knowledge of the main legal and commercial research databases in the banking, mining and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Preparing and delivering training on legal information resources and techniques across the firm
- Contributing to the procurement processes: Negotiating contracts, financial reporting, evaluation of products, maintaining relationships with vendors and promotion of resources
- Tracking database usage reports and using LMS to track payments.
- Helping with the selection, purchase and cataloguing of new resources
- Producing and collating newsletters on sectors, clients and key subjects
- Helping fee earners with their search strategies
- Taking part in trials to introduce new products
- Having experience of using SharePoint and automated library management systems
- Being confident to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills
- Being an excellent team player and able to work well under pressure
- Having a pro-active, professional and “can-do” attitude
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Law firm’s Knowledge & Research team and to appreciate clients' needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has a postgraduate qualification in Library/Information Management (or equivalent) and legal or business research experience. You will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop your career.
This is a full-time role. If you would like to find out more about this or similar job vacancies, then email your details to email@example.com