Research Manager - Quant
£38k - 45k per year
over 3 years ago
This is an amazing opportunity to join the fastest growing practice in one of the leading specialist pharmaceutical global research agencies.
My client is looking to recruit a Research Manager - Quant to manage the day to day tasks of Quantitative projects form proposal to final presentation.
The perfect candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Market Research agency with a focus on pharmaceutical. A strong knowledge of market research methodologies and good understanding of pharma and healthcare industries. The role will involve frequent international and domestic travel.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Together with the Project Team, deliver projects on time, within budget and to client satisfaction.
- Participate in discussions regarding the purchasing and selection of service suppliers and freelancers.
- Manage all project resources including staff, freelancers and costs.
- Develop and maintain good communication with the client from briefing meeting to debrief and final report.
- Decide on the approach and methodologies in order to fully meet the client's requirements.
- Write the proposal for the client, involving others as necessary, and responsible for delivering the final proposal to the client.
- Set up and decide on projects in terms of costings, resourcing, and decide with Field on supply costs and choice of supplier.
- Brief agencies and freelancers, ensuring adequate control remains with the company.
- Write and deliver final questionnaires utilising input from the team where necessary.
- Write final DP specification and code frame and ensure tables are set out appropriately and accurately.
- Direct the analysis of the project data and run the "brain bash", ensuring that all objectives are fulfilled by the research.
- Write and deliver the debrief document and final presentation ensuring that the team contribute when necessary, both for client satisfaction and staff development.
- Present the final results to the client using relevant members of the team but maintaining accountability for the content and presentation.
- Ensure that all outputs delivered to the client from the project are of the highest standards within the constraints of deadlines and budgets.
- Decision making: Make daily decisions on methodologies needed to deliver client brief, suppliers for fieldwork, recruitment criteria, questionnaire design and recommendations to the client. This is a consultant role where you will be expected to make all decisions concerning the management of a project and refer on only when no further options are available, or diplomacy has been exhausted.
- Cross-functional working: Daily, frequent contact with other employees, clients and suppliers, providing advice and consultancy on all aspects of projects, influencing and negotiating.
- Complexity: Involves both creativity and a methodical approach. Creative input to the proposal and the final presentation of results is very important. Multi-country projects, especially quantitative projects are more methodical as results need to be comparable across all centres.
- People Management: No direct responsibility for staff, except on a project basis. Responsible for providing input to inform the appraisal of staff who have worked on projects.
- Planning: Mainly autonomous so deadlines are largely self-imposed. Requires project management and planning skills. Takes a long-term view of the Company's plans as well as project plans. Responsible for all plans associated with own projects. Projects can last from 2 weeks to 1 year.
To discuss this interesting role in full then please contact mark on 0207 378 5476 or mark.leigh@suehill .com