Competitive Salary - please enquire
over 1 year ago
Senior Metadata Manager - Permanent - London and Home working
A leading publisher has a great new job opportunity for a Senior Metadata Manager, to help drive the efficiency and visibility of databases in library systems, academic workflows and online services.
This is a senior role that will include responsibility for the metadata strategy, managing one position, hands on work, as well as external market facing elements.
You will engage with internal teams, academic librarians, industry standards and third party suppliers in order to ensure the suite of products are optimally integrated with library systems.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Metadata and Discovery
Insight into the needs of the global library market, understanding the systems used for cataloguing, resource management and discovery and ensuring content is fully interoperable
Overseeing the provision of metadata feeds to discovery service suppliers
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with providers of library discovery services, knowledge bases, search engines, link resolvers and acquisition tools
Ownership of MARC record provision for all platforms, managing the relationship with cataloguing suppliers, co-ordinating the creation of MARC records and their distribution to customers and library intermediaries
Managing the supply of product metadata such as KBART files and titles lists to library customers.
Responding to customer queries relating to metadata and discovery service integration
- Strategic Planning & Staff Development
Implementation of evolution of the metadata strategy
Ensure consistency and best practice in metadata provision
Identify improvements to the team’s processes and workflows
Provide training and guidance
Represent the company externally
Channel feedback from the market by meeting end-users through library liaison, conferences or customer visits
Key job requirements and person specification will include:
- Knowledge of library systems and relevant industry data standards, including MARC and KBART, and proficiency with editing MARC records
- Understanding of the needs of the academic library market and familiarity with digital academic resources
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within either a relevant digital publishing role or a relevant Library role including an understanding of metadata and search, as well as academic library requirements and processes.
- An eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
This is a permanent job opportunity that will eventually be based 3 days per week from home and 2 days per week in the central London offices.
To be considered for this and other Library Systems and Metadata related job opportunities please email your CV and a supporting letter to email@example.com