South East London
Dependent on experience
about 1 month ago
A respected company has a permanent job opportunity for a Senior Research Librarian based in the South East London/Kent area. The Senior Research Librarian is responsible for providing precise, in-depth and first-rate responses to research queries while balancing some extensive longer-term projects. The role will deliver first-class tailored research to clients and internal stakeholders
This is a great opportunity for an organised and pro-active candidate who will take pride in providing a superb service to the company. The ideal candidate will be articulate and have at least 3 years’ experience in commercial research. The successful candidate will have a good degree and will hold a Library/Information postgraduate level qualification.
As Senior Research Librarian your job role will include:
- Monitoring the company’s industries to identify sector issues and key trends
- Producing quick-turn around and in-depth qualitative and quantitative research
- Conducting reference interviews with enquirers to establish desired deliverables
- Attending meetings with colleagues in business development to converse and coordinate research support and larger project initiatives
- Being a team player and a confident communicator to liaise at all levels
- Being enthusiastic with a keen interest in commercial information
- Tracking research queries and larger projects via the company’s internal systems
- Maintaining team and personal effectiveness in consistent first-rate output to agreed deadlines.
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills
- Having solid IT skills and a sound knowledge of business information sources
- Supporting Managers with subscription decisions and trialling of new information products and platforms
- Having a pro-active, professional and “can-do” attitude
- Assisting in the promotion of services through contribution to marketing efforts, office visits, presentations as required.
- Displaying exceptional time management and ability to coordinate work across teams efficiently and to deadline
- Being an excellent team player and able to work well under pressure
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the company’s Information Services team and to appreciate clients' needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has business research experience or specialist knowledge of tax or financial information. The successful candidate will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career. This is a full-time role. If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org